Heavy metal toxicity is becoming increasingly prevalent in today’s society. Every day we are exposed to hundreds of toxic chemicals in our food, toiletries, cleaning products and in our environment that put us at risk. There is debate in the medical and scientific community that suggests that heavy metal toxicity can be linked to certain neurological diseases such as autism, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease.1
While the body requires small amounts of metal for nutritional purposes, high volumes resulting from constant exposure make it difficult for the body to process. As a result, heavy metals accumulate in the soft tissues and slowly poison the body’s systems.
The most commonly encountered heavy metals include aluminum, arsenic, cadmium, iron, lead, mercury and nickel.
Depending on the metal, symptoms of metal toxicity can include one or more of the following:
Click on metal to view sources for each metal
Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth and yet a high percentage of the population are subjected to mercury on a daily basis through mercury amalgams and fillings, as well as high fructose corn syrup . Watch Smoking teeth = Poison Gas video to see how much mercury is being released from your fillings!
Due to its poisonous nature, mercury can adversely affect the immune, urinary, cardiac, respiratory and digestive systems. Under laboratory conditions, mercury has produced brain cell deterioration identical to that seen in victims of Alzheimer’s disease 2. A high percentage of the population still live with mercury amalgams. This, in combination with the prevalence of high fructose corn syrup in the North American diet, is cause for concern.
To see what you can do to decrease your exposure to mercury, click here.
Heavy metals in the body can be detected energetically through the use of the EAV machine. This electrodermal testing helps to identify the metals and where they have accumulated in the body. Once the problem areas are identified, the metals must be safely removed under the supervision of a natural healthcare practitioner.
At Nurture Health and Wellness, our EAV practitioners spend time carefully cleaning the body by using herbs and homeopathics to conduct the mercury and other metals (gold, aluminum etc.) out of the body. For more information on Nurture’s clinic, click here.
Be mindful of constant exposure to sources of heavy metal, such as those listed above, and try to avoid exposure as much as possible. Have your mercury amalgams and fillings removed by a qualified dentist. Consider biological dental treatment that involves carefully removing the amalgams and is nontoxic and biocompatible.
The Dangers of Teflon: What you need to know
Teflon (polymer polytetrafluoroethylen) is most commonly used as a non-stick surface for cookware and as a lubricant in other materials. Though this seemingly miraculous surface material was once thought to be safe, studies have revealed that the use of Teflon in high temperatures may be toxic.
Because Teflon cannot be chemically bonded to any material, it decomposes at temperatures above 500 F (260 C), releasing at least six toxic gases, two of which are carcinogenic. Exposure to Teflon can be detrimental to the respiratory and cardiovascular systems, and short term effects of exposure include “polymer fume fever”, a temporary influenza-like syndrome.
Replace your Teflon cookware with stainless steel or a more inert substance, such as ceramic or glass.
For more information, visit our list of sources: